Sunday, April 13, 2008

...Why I Started a Blog

I've always been a little behind on the times. I got my first cell phone in my sophomore year of college, which was only about 4 and a half years ago. I ran Windows 95 on an ancient Packard Bell until my Junior year when it saw its last blue screen of death. And up until Christmas '06, I still used a "real" camera...with film! (I was gifted with a Cannon Power Shot SD600!) So its 2008 and everyone and their mother (except me and my mother) have a blog, so here it goes!

A little about myself...I'm a 25 year old graphic designer living in South Bend, Indiana...for the time being. Someday I hope to move to a city and maybe pursue something a little different than designing. That's all up in the air right now, and honestly, it makes my stomach churn thinking about it, so we're going to skip this subject for now! I was born in Brooklyn, NY. The only child. Then my mom, dad, and I moved to Ohio because my dad's job relocated. And when I turned 12, I wasn't the only child anymore! My little brother, Tyler, was born on December 25, 1994. Then a little down the road, summer of '96 I believe, ('97?) my dad's job relocated again, and we moved here. I would so much rather be in NY! But what can ya do. Here's a photo of the little guy, from a couple years ago (he'll hate me for putting this up here! He's 13 now!):Hmm what else... I graduated from Purdue University in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Best four years of my life. Not only was it school, it was a new life. I really learned a lot about myself then. Partied way too much. Met some beautiful people who changed my life forever. Like my friend, Ashley, who is getting married in VEGAS in May! I can't wait for that!! Here's a spot on Purdue's campus where I loved to stop and sit:Most of the readers of this blog are made up of friends, of course, but also some pod casters, and probably a few of their listeners. (Listenturds?) Thank you for taking the time to read about my life and whatever I feel the need to talk about. Feel free to leave comments! Tell me if anything looks weird, or if you can't read the text, or if photos don't show up for you. I want this to be legible and reader-friendly! Plus, I'm a designer, so I'm used to people giving me constructive (and a lot of times, not so constructive) criticism.

The length of the blogs will vary. This is probably a little long. I don't want to bore any of you! If you have a suggestion of a topic, just email or leave a comment. I love to cook and take photos of what I cook, maybe I can do some step-by-step cooking blogs! If I missed your blog or pod cast in my list of links on the sidebar, let me know and I will add it! Thanks for reading, and don't forget to subscribe via the RSS feed! (Which is hope is just automatically added to these things...I don't use the computras!!)

-Lauren

Edit: Since some of my readers may not be familiar with how to post a comment... (ahem, mom and grandma) You don't have to register or anything. Just email me and I'll tell you how. Very simple!

15 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging and Joe and I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! I love the blog! And now I know more about you than I did before. I look forward to following your posts and seeing what you write about. And of course you should post lots of pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading this and seeing what is going on with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new blog. Now go photo blog the making of some chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Miss Lauren does use the computra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren,

    I added your blog to my RSS feeds! Good job! Yay for stepping into the future. Even if it is PG and junk and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the future, Lauren. I'll check in on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren, I... wait. There are chocolate chip cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Lauren...yeah!!!!! I wil definitely mention the blog on our podcast!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss La La Lauren :)

    Hurrah for blogs! But yo, I put a link to yours on Were Mean's so you can have more people stalk you :)

    *hugs*

    Nessa
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're getting towards the end... we have everything all ready and set up... (gosh, I am so an overplanner just like my mum)... so now it is just one big crazy waiting game! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you said that about the knee high boots (not that they don't fit, just that I am not the only one)! I have a hard time finding boots that fit over my calves too. I always assumed I had abnormally fat calves, but jogging/running is about the only athletic activity I do so it makes more sense that I have buff legs, not fat calves! I feel a little better about myself now =) As for the rest of the blog, you listed almost every reason why I prefer to work out at home, especially skinny little perfect naked women flaunting their naked perfectness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lauren, I'm just reading this post now, and congrats, I do hate you for posting that picture of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete