Tuesday, August 4, 2009

...a weekend at "home"

Most, if not all of the people I know in Chicago are not from here, and their family doesn't live here. When I go back to South Bend, Indiana, to visit my family though, I don't say, "I'm going home this weekend," because my home is now Chicago. I never really considered South Bend my home, either. I think though I was born in NY, I consider Ohio my home because it is where I grew up. I always thought of South Bend as a vehicle to get me where I am today. I never wanted to be there, but I am thankful it has brought me to Purdue, (I wanted to stay in-state for various reasons) and now that education and general knowledge of the working world brought me to Chicago. And I'd like to think Chicago is pretty permanent, for a few years anyway.

What do you think? Leave a comment.

(And hello to all my lurkers out there. Ryan, this means you.)

And here is the family cat, Misty. And a clever LOL caption.

No comments:

Post a Comment