Monday, August 23, 2010

...PAWS Chicago



Yellow balloons and cold noses lined North Damen Ave. on Sunday. PAWS Chicago's premier adoption event, Angels With Tails, was hosted on Aug. 22 this year for the first time in Bucktown on Damen Ave. from Webster to Milwaukee/North.

I'm a dog and cat lover but since I work full time and I'm out of the house so often, it just wouldn't be fair to a furry companion to live with me. To get my fuzzy fix, I attend local events like this one, and in mid-September I'm going to an orientation to become a volunteer at PAWS!

Friendly PAWS volunteers greeted me up and down Damen Ave., showing me adorable pets waiting for a place to call home, wearing yellow bandannas that read, "Adopt me!" A few store fronts invited people inside to see a variety of cats, and even a floppy-eared grey bunny.

I simply fell in love when a volunteer plopped a hefty twenty pound wrinkly grey mastiff puppy in my arms. Suddenly all my stress melted away! Animals really provide the best therapy of all-unconditional love and affection.

Just because the event is over doesn't mean the animals are all gone! If you're looking to add a dog or cat to your family, check out PAWS Chicago and consider adopting!






2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures and story, will link to this in the next pipeline... and glad to hear you are becoming a volunteer!! I posted a few words and over at http://streetsofwicker.blogspot.com/2010/08/images-from-angels-with-tails-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for volunteering! I loved doing that when I was in college, but be careful...that is how we ended up with Lucky =) I am pretty sure that if someone plopped a mastiff puppy in my arms, I would not be giving it back any time soon!!

    ReplyDelete