Monday, August 16, 2010

...Symbolism



Sometimes I just need some roof time.

I sit on my roof and hear the city and see the city and just take it all in. It's my time to think and reflect.

About two months ago we were on the roof as we usually were on a nice summer evening. Later on I realized I lost an earring. I tried to look for it on the roof but it was nearly impossible, the earring was so tiny and the roof was kind of dirty because it had rained in the middle of the night.

The earring was pretty much lost. He kept asking if I found it but I never did. It was ok.

Last night I came home from a visit to my parent's house. A closing to two of the most difficult weeks of this year for me. I felt lonely. I went on the roof with a box of tissues and my folding chair and my thoughts.

I got up to walk around and something shiny caught my eye. It was my earring.

There it was, still recognizable among the dirt and brick crumbles that had fallen from the severe storms and winds. But it wasn't the same, it was all bent up in a little ball.

I knew it wouldn't work but I took it in anyway and tried to fix it.

And it just fell apart.

2 comments:

  1. So now that one is gone. But you have the other one. Get out your beading tools and make it into something new that you can wear differently, like a necklace.

    ReplyDelete