Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Year is Ending


I sat alone on the sand by the lake early Tuesday morning. The air was just cool enough that I didn't want to lay there in a swim suit. Thin wispy clouds filled the sky. An angelic, almost rainbow-hued halo encircled the rising sun. The sand was cool and water even cooler. The skyline seemed a bit hazy because the sun wasn't high enough in the sky to illuminate it.

Shorter days. The year is ending.

I began September by squishing a giant centipede about to crawl into my room right after I woke up and got out of bed. (I know, I know, I'm a bad vegetarian.)

Twenty-nine is right around the corner. There is a very good chance I will still be jobless when I throw my "29 forever" party. I always envisioned greeting my last year before 30 with success and hope for the future. But wait-- who said success equals a full time job? I've done some pretty awesome freelance gigs I wouldn't have had any time for if I had a 9-5. Imagine all the new people I've met because of that. And as far as hope for the future, well that's been the theme of my unemployment.

Beach days are coming to an end. Neighbors are walking their new puppies outside. New couples are holding hands. I guess it's more fun to cuddle when it's cold out.

I'll be facing winter by myself, doing something I haven't done lately: wondering what will happen next.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the most fun comes when you DON'T know what will "happen next"! And you're never alone, you have great friends and...you're stuck with us for family! :o)

    ReplyDelete